AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ 1998 VM 2.5 turbo diesel - limp mode?
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2018

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Hi
Thank you fimor helping me
- I'm in Brissie area, Strathpine
- I think it does have a cat, unless it's a small primary noise dampener - it's just before the central locker
- you're right - not throttle body - I've sprayed into the intake manifold after disconnecting the hose coming from the air filter, layback40
- I do think might be a fuel delivery problem as you say, amlav
- I will try everything you gents posted as a logical step by step, engineering type troubleshooting

However gentlemen... Might have a bigger problem I need to kindly ask fir guidance with...
Last week I had a horrid and unexpected situation.
I have an AX-15, as I said before.
After replenishing fluid and changing after a week with 10w-40, took it for a spin to Bribie (Whorim) , about 100k round, both town and highway conditions.
Stopped there had brekkie and a leg stroll on the beach.
Drove back, about 3 k from home would not shift in 3rd or 4th, would grind and seriously kick the stick to the extent my hand3 would hurt.
Drove home in second. 1,2, easy as - 3 or 4 (tried double clutch and skip a gear) would grind and kick back big time.
Left it a couple of hours then went to the BWS to get some pack to drawn my sorrow, and shifted fine in 3rd . On the way back (it's 1km either way) stopped getting into third again.

Today (after a week) I went on the same round 2km trip to BWS, shifted like butter into 1,2,3,4,3,2,1 multiple times, zero issues, zero grind.

I'm puzzled... should I change the gearbox fluid again? I'm seriously at a loss. Both my son and I love the damn thing to pieces, but I don't know where to start with either power loss or this weird gearbox prob...

Could they be related?
Could it be fluid, syncros, clutch, clutch hydraulics?
Sorry to add to the list...

R