AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JK: 6.4 Hemi
Thread: JK: 6.4 Hemi
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012
Established Member

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Barbie View Post
Sick! Friicking sick! I drove the new Chrysler 300 SRT8 at work the other day (has the 6.4L Hemi for those who don't know) and was thinking how cool it would be if someone put one in a Jeep. Awesome stuff man!!!
jeez now that's a job to have, driving them beasts round! Should have a squiz at damage_man98 build, its unreal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtb007;
awesome mate..... should be no issues to engineer the engine on the new axles? although i dont know wa law all that well......

and are they really your first ever welds? those be some neat beads man....... i have welded before, but you wouldnt think so by looking at em
The problem with the axles is the width, even though it will be more stable, stronger and have better brakes, vsb 14 will only allow a 50mm increase in track width (from memory). Might be able to get close with backspacing.
The mig welder help alot with providing settings and after watching coutless vids on YouTube I had a pretty good idea how it all should work

Cheers Glenn, I will try and get in contact in a few days to sort something out