AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Scangauge Loop Display
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2010
No Winching

Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts

Aaaaahhhh ....

Thankyou Mr Rodgebone .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgebone
mornin Carves,
ok, just checked loop switching this morning while the car was bone cold. the scan gauge reported a switch to closed loop at 30 degrees C after only 30 seconds of idling after initial startup. i verified that temp reading against the laptop software and it was pretty close although i had a 50 second lag between unplugging the scan gauge and connecting the laptop to the car and validating the pids. based on the rate of temp increase i monitored on the laptop over 50 seconds, it looks like the scan gauge was pretty accurate (within 2-3 degrees variance at most). obviously the cat was no where near heated up to its 2500 degrees F operating temp at this point, but as i mentioned, heated o2s begin functioning at roughly 350 degrees C. as well, the obdII drive cycle had not been completed either. so what does this show? nothing other than the cars computer begins using the actual o2 signal output to help determine a/f ratios (versus a pre-programmed value) after only 30 seconds of run time. so open loop hangs around only just long enough for the engine to get past that inital cold start (or "choke on" phase). temp in the garage was 24 C while i did the testing. i cant export the actual graphing although with some effort there is a way to export a table of values in word excel but would mean nothing to most folks so no point in going there.

So theres an initial score for 30'c and some good general info for folks that wants it.

Also shows that the OBDII change over temp is not an indicator of O2 sensor condition ... unfortunatley

Who else has got what ???