AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017
Established Member

Liked 218 Times in 109 Posts

Been fighting a vibe for a while. It came in slowly, and finally got to the point to where I couldn't ignore it anymore. I have a Tom Wood's DS in the rear, and the stock in the front. I know the stock one has been going for some time and I have another just waiting to be installed. I felt the rear was the vibration (and it shouldn't since I have a double Carden rear with an SYE), and I pulled the rear and drove around. Turns out I was right. The TW DS has limited range of motion with the CV joint and the CV rubs the yoke. So I put my other DS in the rear and that took care of the majority of the vibe. Took the TW DS and put in the front. This system works much better. Hopefully, I won't have to battle a vibe any longer...

I took my daughter (home from college for a few days) wheeling today. After I decided to run through the car wash. While waiting to enter, my radiator cap decided to let coolant flow past it all over the ground. It's hot enough to actually run the AC and I had it on. The temp was just over 210* F and didn't move at all. I replaced the cap, but am worried something else might be going on. Is it possible that it's just the cap? I think that's all since I did a coolant flush right before the snow fall. I should have replaced it then, but didn't. Thoughts?