AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - advice on replacing waterpump
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013
Jingle ALL the way...

Liked 538 Times in 311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheResistance View Post
I think you're referring to my rambles.

I actually have a lot of stuff saved in notepads on my computer that i just copy/paste from. Seems like people are always asking about topics i can just copy/paste something into.

Well you learn something new everyday. I'll make a note of the tensioner being on the alternator on the RHD XJs.

I know the alternator is where my A/C compressor is located. I honestly don't know know where your A/C compressor is.

I think i only had to take one bolt out of the power steering pump bracket, and then i could slide the waterpump in and get the bracket over it then bolt it back in. I have a bunch of pictures on my phone of it, but i don't want to clog your thread up.
Thats correct: your LHD AC compressor is where our (RHD) alternator lives. Our compressor is down underneath in the left hand front , down by that darn power steering pump bracket thing. One bolt that needs to come off to remove that bracket is blocked by the compressor, so therefor the comp needs to be removed as well.

Any idea/thoughts on that gasket shape(see above)?