AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - NEW......T36 Alternator Recall
View Single Post
Old 22-01-2018

Liked 19 Times in 10 Posts

l got a reply from Robert at Jeep see below
RE: Alternator failure on 2012 Jeep GC CRD
L2
Lawson Robert 2 (FCA)

Reply|
Today, 8:02 AM
You
You replied on 22/01/2018 8:48 AM.
Hi Rob,

What you were previously advised, that there is no alternator recall for diesels and to hold on to your receipts in case there is a future recall, is all I can advise at this time

If There is a Alternator recall raised you will be advised by mail

Regards

Rob

Robert Lawson

Resolutions Desk Officer

Fiat Chrysler Australia

437 Plummer Street

Port Melbourne, Victoria, 3207

Australia

Telephone: 1300 133 079

Email: robert.lawson@fcagroup.com

Sent: Friday, January 19, 2018 9:08 PM
To: Lawson Robert 2 (FCA)
Subject: Alternator failure on 2012 Jeep GC CRD

Good evening Robert, could you advise if there will be any recall relating to the same alternator failure that the petrol models are suffering for the 3.0 l CRD 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Mine failed last October and the resultant cost were $1237 for the repairs to the alternator and a new battery as the failure damaged the battery as well.

At the time I called Jeep call center and asked what the situation was, they advised that at that time there was no recall but to keep receipts for any future recall. I am disappointing that Jeep are not doing anything about the CRD failures as there appear to be a lot of them failing as well.

Its an expensive exercise to repair when you need the vehicle for work and cannot let it sit whilst hoping someone does something.

I would expect that the Alternator on my 2012 vehicle;e would last a bit longer than just over 5 years wouldn't you agree?

Thank you for reading my email and hopefully you can give me and others some information on this issue.

regards

Rob Clark