AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Dash Board Help Needed PLEASE!!!
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2005
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by optical
my middle vent has done the 'melt' thing aswell, something (boiling coolant?!!?!) has came out the vent and 'melted' a patch onto the surround. wierd
Hi Optical,

What I meant about "melt" was that instead of screqing the vent to the dash it would appear they have heated up the plastic and melted it to the dash.

I pulled it off last night (the vent) and it was a fairly easy process. Just popped a screw driver behind it and off it came.

Today I cut the bottom of the dash a bit to accomodate the movement of my heater controls to sit right on top of the vent opening. This leaves 101mm above it which should JUST accomodate my new head unit.

On M3car.com another user from Scotland is trying to do the same thing and he has had to build the head unit out of the dash a little bit to allow for enough space behind for wiring, etc.

The dash should just stick out about 1/2 inch which I feel is acceptable. Anyone have a good idea about what I should use to build out the dash? Is there a surround I can purchase or anything like that?

Cheers