AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Annoying Light bar whistle - Hunty
View Single Post
Old 16-11-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Smile Annoying Light bar whistle - Hunty

Hi Guyz
I decided I needed a platform on my roof to Shoot off (film shooting not Pig shooting)
so I bought the bar installed it and the Misses says to me "are you going to put some lights on that bar or not?" - my plan was or not! - so to humour her I looked around for some lights - sadly most of the nice lights, HID or LED were very expensive - even basic 3200 tungsten lights were over $200 / pair - I walked into repco hornsby and they had some very nice metal & chrome Spotties on special for (beleive it or not) $27.00 / pair - so it would have been rude not to buy them!
wired them up with extra heavy duty cable. circuit breakers and relays and went for a drive!

What an awesome difference - having the lights up high really helps with the focus and beam alignment of the spotties. it has to be seen to be appreciated. I highly recommend having lights up high

ps - I just found out another bonus to having the lights up high and that is - when driving at night and you hit a big swarm of window mucking bugs , it appears to me that the bugs fly up to the lights and miss your screen!!!!

Problem - I now have an annoying whistle - I am playing around with some plastic and trying to make a deflector - any advice please!!!! comments please!
cheers Hunty