AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - My surf rat wagon
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey all,

Paint is the original with original primer coming through except passenger front quarter which has been replaced and repainted. I do eventually have plans to straighten it out and re paint to it's former glory but at the moment while the surface rust is minimal the patina is way too cool to mess with.

Stripes were all done free hand by a dude named scotty beatman. Didn't design anything he just grabbed his brush, one shot and off he went. Amazing to watch him at work. He is a tattoo artist here in Brisbane but striping is his after hours hobby that he does from home. One talented dude and a good bloke.

Yeah had to get the exhaust done for roady and it suffices at the moment with the high horse power (jokes) grey motor. Once again this is the original engine from this car. I am bulding a hot grey for it as we speak (lumpy cam, head work, cast iron headers steel timing gears, triple strombergs). I love the sound of hot old greys. So simple to work on and can still buy parts over the counter. Classic.

All mods that I have done/ have planned are reversable so it can be put back to dead original if need be but at the moment this thing has character and is fun to drive (except in traffic 3 on the tree).

Did i mention I love cruising this car!!!

Last edited by BS!; 03-12-2010 at 04:03 PM.