AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 2019 WK2 with blown diesel
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023
I just registered

Liked 19 Times in 8 Posts
Angry 2019 WK2 with blown diesel

Another installment in the saga of my blown Ecodiesel I posted about 4 months or so ago.
Went through several months with a solicitor and Barister ( legal not coffee maker) and a few $K only to finish up nowhere and after the vehicle sitting at the dealership for 6 months it is now back home under cover. I have decided now that I have a choice of 2 options, 1/ to buy a 2nd hand motor and do the swap myself. I have located 2 motors, 1 (low Ks) in Sydney and another in the US. Option 2/ sell the car with the blown motor as long as I can get a good price.
The motor in Sydney while it has very low Ks, is already out of the vehicle and no video of it running and it is a 2 day return trip to pick it up, with about $450 fuel plus 1 night in a motel. The motor in the US has eqivalent Ks of 52000and is only $5500 + freight (waiting to find out how much) +5% import fee, also waiting to hear from a couple of other wreckers in the US of what is available.
Option 2/ selling the GC as is, it is in excellent condition and even though it has just gone 4 YO, it has only been on the road for 21/2 years with 74K on the clock.
Opinions of any of the regular contributors to this forum would be appreciated and just to add, I have considered VCAT but that could add another 6 months or more just to get a hearing.