AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - E.G.R. Disconnect.
View Single Post
Old 26-07-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJK View Post
Works well for most Davidd, would be a good idea to install a exhaust temp sensor, (VVT) Variable vane turbo's on some diesels dont take kindly to the removal of their auxilary cooling system being inert gas from the EGR.

My EGR valve is stuffed (noisey), can hear it cycling flat out after heavy use due to higher exhaust temps.

The EGR on a diesel does not have the same effect on the exhaust pollution as a petrol engine, it has no benifit in regards to pollution other than cooling the turbo.

If you work your rig hard i advise a exhaust temp sensor to ensure you dont detonate the turbo/engine.
Not trying to upset anyone but if there is no pollution benefit from EGR, why is it being fitted to heavy diesels to help them meet emission targets. I was under the impression that by using exhaust gas in the charge air was to give a more complete burn. There is also a lot of discussion within the truck industry about the increased cooling demands of EGR engines.

I am happy to be corrected if this is wrong