AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Rockauto Resumes Shipping to Australia
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 95 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbrown64 View Post
I am just building up an order so that i don't get stranded again.

Buying NTK sensors, Gates belts, etc..
O2 Sensor,
TPS,
CPS,
Cam position sensor,
Gates fan belt.

The whole lot for $160 usd with post. Keeping them in the car with tools. The XJ is running smooth at 325,000 K's, but I'm preempting any future sensor failures. Rockauto is also good for organizing future servicing. I had to buy an airfilter at Supercrap for $50. Same one at Rockauto was $5. Now i just get an order together for caps/leads/filters/plugs etc.. and save a fortune.

Glad they are back up and running. Shame our government had to stick their finger in the pie. I already pay up to 48% of my wage directly in income tax....

Cheers,
building up an inventory of spares is what I've also done for my TJ. I'm a big believer in Murphy's Law, like if you are not prepared for something bad things happen, whereas if you are prepared then usually nothing bad happens

my stock of spares includes a set of NTK o2 sensors, rear wheel bearings and seals, rear wheel brake cylinders, tie rod ends and many more bits of pieces.
a lot of things I got when Rockauto had closeout sales like the wheel cylinders and tie rod ends. you just have to look at freight costs and try to consolidate things

all that I've used so far besides normal consumables like spark plugs and air filters, are the tie rod ends, rear wheel bearing when a seal started to leak and a coolant pump

the tax on overseas online purchases came about when a well known PITA retailer had a big sook that he was losing sales