AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 MY2014 power to reversing light on 12 pin plug
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 108 Times in 74 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless View Post
Thanks
Imaze

That was also my first thought (alarm/tailight combo) but it appears that they have a very high failure rate according to the parts place I went to. So much so that they no longer stock them. I was also hoping to get the noise maker outside the car

Barboots, I went out and checked again (after cleaning all theconnections on the multimeter) and am getting 12V constantly at the plug. Which is confusing as the wire to the pin is resonably small gauge and Black which is supposed to be the reversing light. Making it difficult to understand how they could connect it.

I don't suppose I have a choice but to pull the thing apart and have a look on how they cut it into the wiring harness.

Thanks

Peter
I have seen some later models have some kind of resister there behind the 7pin plug. Can you check if yours have it? It maybe in place to not cause problems with the tail light LED's or what not. I dont know. It maybe potentially what causing your voltage fluctuations.

From memory, the mopar best bar AU wiring, the reverse light for the 7pin trailer plug is tapped in from the center roof trim of the boot door (not from tail light).

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk