AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - TPMS on trailer?
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2014
AJOR Gold

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts

I have not done it yet but I have been looking into TPMS for a 2400km trip with a huge trailer to move some furniture in a few weeks. My step-sons have the 8 sensor Tyredogs with relay units for around $650 members price from the RAA (Royal Automobile Association in SA-other states may have a similar deal). It seems to be very good but as a self funded retiree I am more tight fisted. I called Matt at DigOptions and asked about the unit he sells for $199 to interface with my Chinese MultiMedia head unit. This can only take four sensors so it would only monitor the trailer and leave the Jeep system to watch the vehicle tyres. Matt recommended his on-dash unit that is also $199 with 4 sensors and can be expanded to 27 tyres. He said it is a better quality unit. His web site is more specific stating it is less prone to interference. I may go this way - then I can swap it between vehicles too. I will use the cap sensors so I can swap between trailers. Derek Bester sells a 6 sensor unit on eBay for around $410 with expansion capability as a mid priced full featured solution for a vehicle and single axle trailer. I don't know if there would be interference between the Jeep sensors and the aftermarket sensors if fitted to the same wheel. I guess it would depend on the frequency used - if you go that way you might be able to tell me!