AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Drawers for a 2dr - Hunty's JK
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

Very nice, Hunty. If you haven't already screwed before you glued, I would, with liquid nails. Also maybe add a few extra screws - you will be amazed how much stress will be placed on the drawers and the more screws the better. Also, run some right angle brackets along the middle part of the inside of each side-front-back. The galvanised 1 or 2mm stuff you buy from Bunnings in various lengths. They only need to be about 4 inches long but it will dramatically improve the strength of the drawers. I have similar sized drawers and all these things I had to do in a maintenance sort of way. To make them slide easier, some of that yellow plastic strip that is in particle floor boards rebate screwed along the bottom edges should work.

If you are going to Alice Springs (sounds like it) definitely see the Desert Park thingo and do lots of day trips into the gorges etc and visit Ruby Gap - awesome - and Arltunga village and also make the effort to get to Chambers Pillar - its a good day trip from Alice. I can recommend a trip to Palm Valley which has the ancient Cabbage Tree Palms that drink from aquifer water that is 1 million years old - true!! Absolutely incredible articulation experience on the way in and out.

A day trip to Haasse's Bluff is also worth the effort. If you have the time, Visit King's Canyon and head to A/Springs via the Mereenie Loop. It was rough as when I did it but it varies according to the maintenance it receives but is very do-able. If you are travelling to A/Springs from the south, you can do all these bits on the way up. Turn off to King's Canyon at about Erlldunda, I think. You don't really need to carry extra fuel, but I always think 2 extra jerry cans is good insurance.

If you are going as high up as Katherine, definitely stay at the Katherine Gorge Park at the gorge itself, rather than in the town. Amazing bird life and do the day trip down the gorges as well as the evening dinner cruise... very special and beautiful.

Cheers and happy tripping.