AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Recall: Clockspring
View Single Post
Old 22-07-2017
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzRick25 View Post
So I got the driver clock spring done today 7 hour job... They were getting esp christmas tree effect. I'm not certain but I think they must have to flash the computer for this job and if you have varied your wheel alignments they have to re-enter them.

I told the service rep not to do anything other than the recall work. I should have also said pass on to the tech my wheel alignment is not standard and what I had.

Also got some more information on J24 towbar. It is the Front towbar that was apparently only fitted to very few vehicles. I only got this because I read the statement of work and they stated can't inspect towbar due to aftermarket bullbar. I was like wtf? but yeah it is the front towbar not the rear one and the can't inspect it because it can't be fitted in conjunction with the arb bullbar at least. so happy days. I think it will be very rare that anyone has the Mopar optional front tow hitch in Aus but their must be a couple out there they are trying to track down.

Happy days though cars running perfect so far
None of that sounds right!?

I've replaced a clockspring, (twice), and it only takes me 30 minutes to an hour. If they had christmas tree lights, they must not have plugged it in properly, or maybe had a bad clockspring. But it most certainly doesn't need any reflashing, it is just replacing some wires, after all.

As to the J24, my JK apparantly needs it, and I have a DBOR front bullbar with the Mopar towbar on the back.