AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Recall: Clockspring
View Single Post
Old 25-07-2017
No Winching

Liked 504 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
The problem is, if your stealer is like mine, they can only order the parts from the warehouse once you take it in the first time & they do the inspection.

Any time I ask for the price of a part, the first thing they ask for is the VIN, since the parts system looks stuff up from that as the primary reference.

I've been considering disconnecting the passenger seat Claymore*, but not sure at the moment just how would be best. No fuse for it, that I can find.

*A Sydney bloke was killed by the one in his Civic the other day.
Inspection ? - "yeah mate we'll put you on the list". I understand how the dealer orders stuff and their warranty "process", but this isn't exactly a rare part, and a recall is in "progress". Thy have had LOTS of time to sort out their stuff and still no parts.

As for the Airbag there are two initiators that you'd need to disconnect and obviously the system won't like it. And as a thought if you disconnected the Airbag and you had a serious accident you may find that your in an interesting legal position. I'm no lawyer - its just a thought.

Last edited by MightyMouse; 25-07-2017 at 08:55 AM.