AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - The REAL Jeep assist - Post your pic
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018
AJOR Bronze

Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

I was out with the Brother in law yesterday in the Watagans and on a particularly steep track came across 4 young kids in a Prius all standing around it on their phones.

For some reason, they thought it a good idea to drive around the place and blamed google maps for not telling them how bad the roads were.

They had been there for a while and couldn't get a hold of the Park's Authority because they were closed and we presently on the phone to the Police to get a tow truck out to pick them up.

They weren't actually bogged, they just couldn't get traction on the soft dirt. We told them that they only need to push it and they would be right.

So the Brother in law and I start pushing and got them going while the rest of them stood around. For some reason the driver stopped and got stuck again so this time we told them to push themselves and not to stop until the vehicle reaches the top of the hill.

We then followed them out until they were ok and carried on.

What really annoyed us was that 1. It was Google maps fault, 2. They didn't even try and help themselves. They were straight on their phones to get someone else to get them out and 3. They stood and watched us push their car until I got into them about helping.

At least they thanked us. Which is more than I've had from other's I've helped in the past.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders