AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ: 4.7 stroker build
View Single Post
Old 27-07-2013
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

My pistons arrived a couple of weeks ago. I have also paid a deposit on a crank for my build. Hopefully I should be able to have it sent by the end of next month. Asked the closest wreckers and they will do a donor engine for $350. So unless I can get a donor privately it will work out cheaper to get one from the wreckers than ship one from the mainland. Question do people reckon I should go for a 94 or early 95 engine? I have heard the heads are better on the early engine as far a flow goes that is?
Just out of curiosity; how important is it that they leave the distributer in place? Last engine I rebuilt had a coil pack so all I had to do was wire the timing chain in position. I am guessing they will remove it as they might be able to sell it separately. However I was always under the belief you need to pin punch the position of the distributer so that it goes back in the correct spot?

Regards A

Last edited by anthonygubbin; 28-07-2013 at 12:40 AM.