AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 2018 Jeep Wrangler fails European crash test
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018
Senior Newbie

Liked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hmm, so it seems you have to have the latest tech to score the points, regardless if you have a car that is actually going to help save you in an impact situation. From my understanding, autonomous emergency braking only works below 30km/h. Most people I talk to about this feature are under the impression that you can be scooting down the highway at 100k/h and a kangaroo or pedestrian can walk out in front of you and the car will stop before hitting them! And active lane control - please, give me strength! All this is, is an attempt by manufacturers to outdo each other in the tech stakes to gain market share. On the other hand, it is also being successful in deminishing driver responsibility and accountability in preparation for driverless cars. When that occurs, we will be completely controlled by the prevailing authorities and the world will be a much ‘safer’ place for all.

Last edited by clip; 10-12-2018 at 05:17 PM.