AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - I'm Hopeing this is not a Head Gasket
View Single Post
Old 22-11-2017
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,565 Times in 4,348 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluBelle View Post
Well I will try the chemiweild but still think I need a HeadJob..... went down the river today to run the dog and there was drovers there with a mob of cattle so we went further out to the 18 mile as soon as I went up to 100kph the temp shot up to the red....

I have a newish rad water pump thermostat and cover hoses all the goodies on the trip home I stayed on 85kph under 2000 rpm temp held at 105 I had my fan override on as well I noticed just before dark a puddle or wet dirt under the expansion tank will have a good look tomorrow
better start saving my pennies
this might hurt in the mean time I will shove the chemiweild down its neck .....
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Make sure you clean out the cooling system properly before you do the treatment. Follow the instructions properly. You dont just chuck it in. Has to be added the correct way for the correct time along with the correct driving during treatment & then flushed out. You can leave it a little longer to make sure its properly sealed.
Good Luck !