AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Cooper STT Pro Tyres
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016
AJOR Gold

Liked 194 Times in 122 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I'll preempt my next instalment with a few questions answered hopefully before they are asked.

I've found the tyres rub the swaybar links on full flex while disconnected, not much but enough to hear it in the cabin on a quiet day with the windows down.

The road noise is a little more noticeable with a few thousand km on the tyres, but not much. I haven't got the nice smooth roads you all probably have around you, so my tyre noise is substituted somewhat with ambient road noise - but I'll try to capture some high quality iPhone video and put it up with some speed comparisons. I've taken the roof off recently and the road noise is not as bad as any other mud tyre I've heard on the road

One area of caution - weight. I've discovered that the spare is putting a minimal, but still unacceptable amount of pressure on the stock tailgate, and I'm taking steps to rectify this - by means of a rear bar with tyre carrier - I'm tossing up the hinge upgrade over the full rear carrier - the wife doesn't want me to burn $800 on a hinge upgrade and just get the full bumper mount instead - she's a keeper.. I'll ask questions about these in another topic.

I have sustained a gouge out of one of the tyre lugs about the size of my fingertip. Mulga wood is the hardest substance on the surface of the earth, and it will scoop out a lump of rubber faster than you can imagine - I'm just glad I caught the lug and not the space between lugs (1" off and I'd be telling a whole different story)