AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - SCX10 JK Brute- extended wheelbase
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2010
Just Build it

Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjk View Post
Stu have you had any problem with the screw that goes thru the drag link into the servo hitting on the front diff when compressed on your's. I finished putting my honcho together last week and had to modify it as it was limiting up travel.
I had problems with the steering horn on the servo fouling the crossmember when I extended the wheelbase so you need to use the other piece that comes in the kit. All the steering arms that come directly off the servo and go to the steering knuckle foul on the LH chassis rail on full tuck, cant really get around it. I might do the conversion that mounts the servo in a verticle position off the chassis rail one day if I could be muffed. With our 2nd child literally due any day now I dont think I'll get the time!

You should also use 2 x offset rod ends for that arm that goes from the servo to the steering knuckle, you can get a little more clearance out of it oh and space up the drag link evenly on either side so it doesnt touch the diff on full lock - little bit more clearance there too
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD