AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Tonys Cherokees thread
View Single Post
Old 25-09-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 640 Times in 436 Posts
Default Tonys Cherokees thread

mainly so I can keep track of my my posts and whats been done to my Jeeps.

So the Black Sport that was my daily driver got smashed from behind, and is a write-off. I had done a fair bit of work on it, however, it does still drive, and my intention at this time, is after inspection & repairs, it will be driven 100km to my rural block, to be used as spare parts, guest sleeping, hardcore trail rig. Rego will be cancelled. It cannot be made legal for the road ever again due to the nature of damage

The young fella that hit me was not insured, but after various negotiation, I was fortunate the father was wealthy enough to settle for $4250.

I viewed & agreed to purchase another XJ Sport, White, brass plate says 6/96, Compliance plate says '95 ! Has OBD2 connector, aircon doesnt work very well, and some relatively minor rust

Off the same guy I got my Black one, he is arranging a Blue Slip, should cost me about $2200 + A/C repairs + rego. A lot of time & other repairs no doubt

I also have the White '96 Limited, This was also hit from behind by a young guy...although I did pull out the bent frame rail, it would need some more repairs than the White Sport I looked at, which is quite a tidy & straight unit, albeit with 322k on it