AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Standard WJ ride height
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 184 Times in 136 Posts
Talking A loophole has been found!!

It's definitely out of whack - but I've just realised that this is not a bad thing at all!! If this information is what is listed on the official Federal Department of Transport documents, then I can lift mine another 18mm at the rear and still be at "Standard" height, even with my 3" lift!

Not only that, I can also go 50mm above that (both front and rear) and still be legal!!

Better still, looking at the data sheet for my WJ Limited here:

http://myrta.com/rvd/searchRVDResult...bmitValue=view

Namely:

SUSPENSION DATA SHOWN IS FOR STANDARD SUSPENSION -FOR UP-COUNTRY SUSPENSION - (LAREDO) FRONT
424MM, REAR 548MM (LIMITED) FRONT 569MM, REAR 586MM

Technically, I can go to 569mm + 50mm = 619mm (F) and 586mm + 50mm = 638mm (R) and still be legal!!!

(i.e. Another 94mm (F) and 108mm (R)).

So, essentially I can go to a 6.5" lift front and rear and I'll still be legal.....

Of course, we know this is all bullshit, but honestly what chance are you having insurance knocked back or getting booked by the cops if you can show that you're within the specifications provided in the official DoT documentation? Serious question!

I can feel an upgrade coming on....