AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Popping Door Hinges
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2023
CrawlerStar

Liked 144 Times in 90 Posts
Default Popping Door Hinges

This is just a for info.....
Our 2015 has had the front drivers door popping for a couple of years and about a year ago the passenger side has joined in.
Both sound horrible on opening and closing.
So I decided it was a job worth doing and after a bit of keyboarding around, again settled on Rockauto in the US, as by far the best and easiest way to source new hinges - or any parts for that matter.
Genuine Mopar (made in Canada), 55113664A1.
Ordered September 12, shipped the next day from Little Rock by Fedex standard shipping - delivered Gold Coast Au on 19 September. (that included spending 3 of those days in Matraville NSW according to tracking).
Total price inc shipping $166.73 USD = $267.44 AUD.
Taking into account the horrible US - AUD exchange rate and including the shipping cost I thought that price very reasonable.
The hinges are also stamped 85574F - the same number visible on the hinges on our Jeep.
They are supplied in nickel silver - our Jeep is Bright Silver so I'm not going to bother with sourcing a matching paint - they'll go on unpainted.
Next stage is to actually change them out - and looking forward to no more annoying popping.
John