AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - TJ spluttering
Thread: TJ spluttering
View Single Post
Old 28-04-2019
Senior Newbie

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Jeep View Post
42 psi is a little below spec (44.2-54.2 psi), and pumps should flow 1/4 litre of fuel in seven seconds, which I'd have thought enough to maintain pressure when revved. You should also have at least 30 psi for at least five minutes after turning the ignition off.

Have you checked fuel lines for kinks/damage?

Did you swap out the whole fuel pump assembly or just the actual pump?

If you just did the pump, the filter/regulator on the top of the tank might need changing. The pressure regulator will also act as a check valve and if defective can allow fuel to drain back into the tank when the engine is off. I had a long crank problem many years ago and it was fixed by swapping only the filter/regulator.

I think it is the regulator as I didn’t have this problem before and I changed it, which is when I believe the problem started I couldn’t hear the fuel pump prime which led me to believe that was the problem, I will be ordering a new filter/regulator tomorrow and changing it as soon as I get it, hopefully that’s all it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk