AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - REVIEW: AEV ProCAL module
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009
Pollie Waffle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default REVIEW: AEV ProCAL module

Hi All

Well I've just recieved my AEV ProCAL from http://www.jeepkonnection.com.au in the mail for testing and am looking forward to trying it out.

At $195 this puppy is the answer to the needs of all the JK owners out there who modify there rig, but don't want to take it to the stealership (and don't want them to see all your warrenty voiding mods!) for corrections such as speedo's, ratio's, automatic gearing, lights adjustments and tire pressure monitors.

So what can it do?

I haven't gone through it's full range yet, but here's something to get you going:

Speedometer correction:

Yes that's right, it can correct your speedo - so when you put bigger tires on you don't have to worry about the boys in blue (and when I say bigger tires i mean big! this puppy can correct for up to 52" tires!)

Running Lights:

Some insurance companies will give you a discount for a vehicle that has permanant running lights (well mine does anyway!).

Not only does the ProCAL allow you to do this, but it allows you to choose which lights you want to turn on!

TPMS:

Don't you hate it when you air down and you get that beeping telling you that your tire pressure is too low? I know it gives me the sh*ts everytime I got wheeling in Glasshouse! With the ProCAL you can recallibrate the TPMS to go off at whatever pressure you wish! I've changed min to 15psi, so now, no beeping! (note it is a 1 min job to recallibrate it back up to 35psi when you air up and is as easy as clicking it into the port!)

Engine Idle speed options:

This little feature is gold. It allows you to increase your engine revs, whilst using onboard tools such as winchs/compressors, via the light dimmer on your lighting stalk - your turn it up, the engine revs increase and hold. to turn it of, just like cruise control, simply tap the break!

much much more!

Well this is all that i've had a play with so far, and I will keep you posted as time goes on! To me though, for $195, to correct the speedo and fix the TPMS - its WELL worth the money!

http://www.jeepkonnection.com.au will be getting these in soon, so keep an eye out!

Cheers

Simsy