AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Tyres
Thread: Tyres
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika View Post
I have a mate that bought federals. They all started splitting so he took them back and got them replaced under warranty. He was told they had addressed the issues and while i think he got a fair bit of life out of the second set he blew a front at 100km/h and upon inspection it appears they are a splitting in the same spot. Otherwise from what I've seen they have good traction for a normal M/T.
BUGGER - i know that the 35" MAXXIX BuckShot's split very badly, as a cheap alternative tire for people who owned trepadors.. who have now gone to a 35" MAXXIX BigHorn - they have found the same issue, no where near as bad however still annoying enough that all 4rigs in our club running 35"s have happened to..

i'm only running a 30-31" Federal MT so i know that the "smaller" MT you go the less change they have of splitting, what size were your feds??

otherwise we did consider to SuperSwamper Boggers... but every one seemed to report that at aroun 80k's every one expierences blow outs on the road
that was enough for me hahaah!!!