AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views
View Single Post
Old 15-12-2009
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

[QUOTE=4WD4FUN;1031422]Hi Macca,
nice mods, same as what i am looking at, did you fit the Provent yourself if so was it hard to do.
cheers Allan.

Allen I did it in a few hours Sat afternoon...very easy to fit.

I have the Auto and the ally bracket above the clutch mater cylinder mount is vacant. I used a piece of 25mm angle and cut it the length of the mounting holes on the Provent.

Then hold the angle against the bracket and mark the hole to drill that matches the ally firewall bracket.

I filed the bracket slightly to remove the corner so the ally bracket is now square to the firewall and this allows the 25mm angle to sit closer.

I could have bolted it straight up but decided to support the other end. So I used the steering column bolt below to support the other end. The bolt protudes about 15mm so I used the additional thread to bolt the other end of bracket to, using a second nut (dont remove the origional one just add bracket and new nut to secure).

Using a 25mm flat bar, bend it at 90deg and then trim so it comes off the bolt and then upto the bracket, weld and paint.

The bracket is the hardest part, fitting is a five minute job. Bolt the Provent to the bracket and bolt the bracket using nylocks to the firewall.

Using the origional PCV hose for the inlet, just remove the intake end and connect to the provent (didnt cut this specifically so it can be returned to standard in an instant). Grab a piece of straight heater (i think the hose was 20mm, but measure the outlet in the provent its the same as the intake hose, hence straight pipe)(oil/fuel resistant) hose and connect the Provent to the intake pipe at the aircleaner.

Jobs done.

If you would like any other photos or details then ask or PM me.

Cheers.

Matt.