AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Lift Kit Experiences.
View Single Post
Old 15-07-2018
I just registered

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHearts506 View Post
Hi Jeepers,

Let me preface this by saying Im opening a can of worms here!
Toying with the idea of getting a lift kit and some off road tyres to turn my mall runner into something a bit more suited for my camping/offroad trips.

I am aware of the upgrades (Double Cardan Front Driveshaft and probably replacing all bushings would be a good idea) required if you lift above 2inches and the legality/safety of such.

Has anyone out there had experience with 3inch or 4inch lift kits from Iron Rock Offroad, Clayton or similar suppliers in the USA?

I am ultimately looking at a setup with : 3 inch lift with roughly 31inch All Terrains to keep it legal as per 75mm total lift in NSW.

Am i better off just going for a 2inch lift and leaving the driveshaft and cutting the fenders with 31s

Cheers!!
I Have a 1.5" or 2" oldman emu lift in my wg when i bought it. Added 2" coil spacers. Well.... I learnt alot. Rears are still in but the front are out. The death wobble was incredible! I believe once you start to creep past the 2" mark the panhard rod ( track rod whatever you want to call it) needs to be replaced with an adjustable one as it will fight itself. It destroyed my panhard bushes in under 100km. Installed new bushes thinking it was the issue. It wasn't. Removed the front spacers and no death wobble! Everything was nice and tight again. Just something to think about with these things and their death wobble issues. In my experience if you are going to lift it above 2", do some digging and research, adjustable panhard rods are hard to find in rhd, there is a place in America that do them but $$$$. who want's to buy some coil spacers