AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - OBD2 Tips thread
View Single Post
Old 28-12-2023
I just registered

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

I just bought the Foxwell NT204 for my wife's MY14 GC Overland in case we need to clear codes when away. Well, it doesn't work - it powers up but will not communicate with the GC. I had trouble updating the NT204 (software did not recognise the unit, even though plugged into the laptop via USB and clearly powered on , but deleted/reloaded the software on my laptop, tried again and updated fine (to EN/RU latest). Still no go with the GC, then tried a 2005 M-B A170, also no go. Was about to return the Foxwell but thought I'd try on a friend's 2010 CJ Lancer -- no problem, linked straight away. Tried again in the GC, even tried holding the OBDII plug, no go, just spends ages searching for the right protocol and eventually says 'No Communicating'.

I will try the Foxwell support chaps again an see what they say (could be the USB pins have spread and no no contact), but any suggestions from anyone here? Thanks!