AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - wj ignition key wont turn
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015
Jedi Master

Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleetnblurt View Post
its a mecs fav tool as well , like the saying : " if in doubt give it a clout" plenty of cars I have done I had this problem , and most are caused by people hanging every thing including the kitchen sink off the key , the weight of extra keys causes stress on the jibs inside the lock and wears kay and lock , no point replacing key , for the jibs wear also , and THEN people spraying all sorts of wd 40 rp7 and machine oil , IT IS WORSE TO DO THIS best thing I can think to use is graphite powder. and even then that is a worry , the best is to try to jig the key (pressure and wriggle it ) and try fo feel its way , THEN pull out the key fit the proper key or place back in and put in ING position, before start) press the button under the lock and take out lock and key take it to the key cutter (a good one) and redo the jibs AND in hope if good lock smith can do the transponder in the key.
and tell the wife not to hang every key off the car key. (put them on a separate key chain.
Haa. Haaa.. Wait till I get home and take a piccy of my key chain!! I'll take the advice and shed some kilos. Certain things have been a bit out of control lately..