AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Transgo Shift Kit and Sonnax Pressure Booster.
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I too have been contemplating the Sonnax/Transgo tranny '"tickle options" for the 545RFE.
Mek, could you post a write-up when when you throw in the Transgo kit ? I have seen a video on the kit install for a Dodge running same trans....doesn't look complicated working on the valve body, so, probably worth it when I do the next fluid/filter change in a few months.
The Sonnax appears to be a resistor encapsulated inside a M/F loom connector (just snap it in?) & the increased voltage increases tranny pump pressure up to 30psi increase ? My understanding is that the Transgo valve body kit also uses a resistor to do the same thing (but you have to solder it as a pin jumper in the existing loom connector ?). My guess is; use the Sonnax and forget about the resistor with the Transgo ?

I'll follow with great interest what you find out mate and how it runs low to mid throttle....I want to have a crack at this as well.
I would agree with comments implying the "soft" 45/545 needs to "harden-the-f**k up...Princess"