AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - TJ: Tonka Jeep - 2005 Renegade Extreme Sport
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010
I like stuff and things.

Liked 163 Times in 98 Posts

Next on the list was a new bar and winch.

Only Bar I liked was the minimilist design of the Warn bar, or variants of.
Wooders had the RR bar, and it was significantly cheaper, and did the job.

Had some trouble fitting it, due to the tight clearances the bar had over the ends of the chassis, and the addition of a welded brace/tab on the snake racing steering box guard.

Out came the grinder, and after a little work, it all squeezed into place.

Picked up an old XD9000 that had been used about twice then sat in a shed for 6 years. Had Mal Leslie do his work on it and bolted it up 4x4Point Winch plate... Amsteel blue has been ordered from OkOffroad, and still working on how I will set up the solenoids. The current plan is to mount everything under the hood, using a wireless controller (with hand control backup)...

I had a highmount on the old hilux, but keeping everying budget to a point at the moment, but everything is upgradable right?

Picked up an aluminium hawse and found some old generic spotties in the shed which will do in the short term. (need to finish wiring them up, the loom and switch was already there from the previous owner, so it really is about a 30sec job, but need to buy some new splade connectors.