AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - TJ: Tonka Jeep - 2005 Renegade Extreme Sport
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010
I like stuff and things.

Liked 163 Times in 98 Posts

Next was the snorkel, which I picked up 2nd hand complete off AJOR.
Cleaned it all up and then went about installing it.

No real issues (ordered a new template). PS. I now HAVE a template for a Safari Snorkel TJ. So I am more than happy to make as many copies as people want, as ARB charge for them!

Only issue I had out of the whole thing is where the air tube from the snorkel runs under the spare batter tray, it is meant to run through two support panels which have holes already in them. You are meant to simply add some rubber to the edges of the support panel holes to prevent damage.
For some reason, one of the panels (under the spare battery tray) had NO HOLE!
Which meant more grinding, cutting, swearing $#%^#~! as the area is really tight and not easy to work in.
Got it done, installed a K&N filter and everything worked fine.
I did stuff up, as I was rushing this install, and mounted the bracket on the A Pillar the wrong way, its only cosmetic, but well, teaches you not to rush things!

There is nothing like drilling a 3 inch hole (minds out of gutter) into a fresh Jeep body panel... (Ps. I now have a used once, 3 inch hole saw, I am happy to lend to anyone installing a snorkel on their TJ.