AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Return of the Red 99 Sport!
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Anyway back to Reality " It's Time to Spend $Money$ " ...
Don't you Love saying that while Looking at the Books!
But Unfortunately it is a Necessity here in the outback I have a disability and cant walk far (worse when I am pissed) Now the Mother in Law is in a nursing home in Barcaldine 106 k away ... So you really need 2 reliable cars ..............
So the quickest and easiest way to do that is pull the red 99 out of Limbo!
as much as it Saddens Me to see Lulubelle my PT just Sitting in the Driveway...... She will have to Wait
They say Bad Luck Comes in 3's........ I near had a Heart Attack Today!
1... The PT does a Timing Belt ...
2... I went to Drink Schooners on Saturday and test my new kegging gear ... and no CO2? The Regulator is Leaking... Brand New!.......................... NO BEER! (Bottles)
(I got on to the Mob and have a new one coming under warranty)
3... Today I went down the IGA on my way to the In Laws to check the DunnyDoor over and I came out and the 96 was Leaking Coolant!...... AaRrHhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
After Everything I have Done!
And it wasn't even Hot! only driven about a half a K to the shop...
I parked on dirt level ground at the In Laws checked under the hood NOTHING?
I had to go back down the road to get some tranny fluid for the DunnyDoor parked in the same place No Puddle?
It was parked on a angle at the IGA pass side down there must of been coolant in a or between a body panel ? from when the bottom rad hose had the tiny hole? I checked everything when I got home No Leaks No Coolant Use?
Enough to Scare the Crap out of You !
So before I get to the Red 99 Sport .....
Tomorrow I am talking the 96 to Barcaldine 106 k away the first serious test of the flush ............ and ZJ fan upgrade
Should be Interesting!
I inspected the 99 today dust and cobwebs
I ordered a tyre a Federal Couragia 235x75x15 about $230ish up here that gives the red 99 sport 4 new tyres all the same
Valve cover gasket $ 53.00
Liquid Intelligence 239 Engine Flush .... FREE!
Nulon Coolant $60.00
Oil Oil Filter ? $60.00
Battery $150
Diff Oil $40.00 and some sealant ?
Brake Fluid I have some but will need more to flush the system out .. $15.00
My Labour and a good Clean and that will get me a RWC
+ (Living in a small town knowing the local mechanic who knows the history of the red 99 and it's for Me Not to Sell it will get a RWC)
As a millionaire Pensioner I estimate about 6 weeks to 2 months to get it back on the Road
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_).............................