AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Return of the Red 99 Sport!
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

Good story.. You may be a pensioner, but i don't think you would have the time to work anyway. Your too busy making beer, visiting relatives and fixing Jeeps haha.

Anyway, i don't think you could get the Red 99 on the road for any cheaper. Your prices are pretty well spot on and looks like you can get her back to running well on a good budget.
If you go rocker cover gasket, get the Felpro blue one. Those Felpros are just the best gaskets out.

For the diff gaskets, i have LubeLocker re-usable ones. They are expensive, but you can use them over and over and they don't leak. If you don't want to fork out for expensive diff gaskets, just use a small tube of RTV..Get the black one. You put a bead all around... fit the cover and only lightly nip it up. Then after and hour or two, you tighten it up properly.

That 6 weeks you have given yourself should be ample time to do the good flush and get the XJ spick and span.

Hope it all goes well.. keep us updated.

Cheers,