AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 Roof Loading
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaz View Post
Its not difficult at all, but almost all plastic trims of every panel, sides, back all need to be detached loosly. I mean from bottom up. They all just unclip off with 1 tiny screw in each seatbelt pillar.

The culprit is the sunvisor, tight wiring routing etc, I guess since the recall was performed.

There is a lot of wiring routed and hot glued to the roof lining, but they can be detached. There is a black module also stuck to the left rear of the roof lining, not sure what it ia for.

The airbags are there above each door jam.

Just remember to keep your hands clean otherwise you will have to clean the roof lining. As usual, its a delecate piece, so creasenings can happen and will look like crap.

If you intend on repairing or modding the roof structure or even boring new rivit nuts, I suggest removing the roof lining and do the job correctly.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk
Wow, yeah i figured as much, i was hoping to try and get the roof lining down on one side as i only wrecked one rivnut and possibly try and epoxy glue it from the bottom, not sure how it would go. Cheers for the pics and details.

TH