AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - NEW......T36 Alternator Recall
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 107 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robaxe5 View Post
Hi

My 2011 V6 Petrol Limited had the battery light come on while my wife was driving the car yesterday, i had her take it to the Jeep service centre. They did not have anyone to look at it on the day so it has spent the night with them, I waiting on a call today.

I suspect it is the alternator with the pending recall and would like to just be prearmed when dealing with the service people as I have a low opion of them. They took pleasure in informing me yesterday that if it is the alternator there are no parts and they would have my car for a long time!

With regards to this and what i have read here, I should expect an aftermarket alternator one installed unitl the replacemnt OEM one is avail?

And also i have the right to request a loan car similiar to my car at no cost to me?

I’m not sure if 2011 is part of the recall but if it is, you can absolutely request an aftermarket alternator.

My experience getting a loan car was a nightmare, but your dealer may have one available making it nice and easy. As it’s a recall, you should be within your rights to request one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontrunner Roof Rack
Offroad Animal Front Recovery Points and Nudge Bar