AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 2011 Starting Issues V6 Petrol
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2018
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs down 2011 Starting Issues V6 Petrol

About 6 Months ago my Jeep starting having random starting issues. This would happen first thing in the moning after stiing overnight. The car would start then rev to 2000 then stall, trying to start again the car would just trun over and not start, this would repeat each time swapping the two scenarious described prior. Either i would then leave the car for 5 minutes and it would start fine. this would be random eg might hapen every day for 3 then disapper for a couple of weeks.
I took the car to the local dealer and they advised that it was the wireless key module and sterring column relay key set not seeing the key fobs. So advsised that i needed to replace this module my keys and the column module.
The car recently has alwasy seem to start quite rough when it does.My car has had the fuel relay recal where they have installed a separte fuel relay as the TPIM one is faulty.
Has anyone had a similar expersicne and repalceing the wirelss module fixed the issue? I am just not convinced it is this module as i can always unlock the car wirelessly as would have though if it cannot detect the key woudl not open. Also i have read that maybe an issue with the fule lines draining back to tank an not holing pressure afetr a epriod of sitting idle?