AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Mounting a compressor
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 43 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
I have the single ARB compressor which I mounted to the side of my drawers in the rear. I then ran a hose line down behind the left tail light and out to a fitting behind the rear bar. That way I can hook up the air line without opening anything. The operating switch is mounted on the A pillar switch pod.

I'm seriously thinking of adding a small tank down the track to speed things up a little even though I'm quite happy with the performance.

It's a little noisy in the cabin when running but it's only the missus that has to put up with it. I'm always outside airing up.

If I didn't have the drawers, I would have bought the bracket to mount it under the seat. I seems to me to be the most convenient position.
My first thought was mounting under the seat as it does seem a very convenient position, I just have to check if it can actually fit. I have aftermarket heating for my seats and I believe the wiring may interfere.