AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Interesting notes. The old plugs (NGK LZTR5AIX-13 ) were still ok, so they went into boxes in case I ever need a spare. With the new plugs (NGK PLZTR5A-13) & leads, I am getting some radio interference. Not a lot, only when the head unit is on FM and in certain places. It seems to correlate with locations that the radio signal would be attenuated by geography. ie. I can count on hearing it at the bottom of the street where It's the bottom of a steep valley here, but it's gone at the top of the street.

On the other hand, my fuel economy seems to have improved by at least 1L/100km so far, though the jury's still out. No change to driving style. Local driving would normally see the gauge indicate ~14.5-15.5L/100km, but it's currently down to 14.0 and still falling, in the usual stop/start local driving.
New spark plugs will go a long way to improving performance and fuel economy, as will cleaning and re gapping old plugs in good condition. A quick clean of the throttle body is often a good idea at the same time.