AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Lift and Tyres of your JK
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2014
MonsterMoose

Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

With 2in lift the already low stock caster angle will be climbing down toward the point where it will increase the chances of front end wobbles. Personally (and from past experience) I would be sticking either adjustable control arms or the AEV drop brackets. I put the drop brackets in and the infrequent wobbles I was getting ceased, but the damage was already done and not long after new tie rod, drag link and ball joints were required.

Keep the caster up around the 5° mark and that should keep your front end in tact.

Firstly I would look at what shocks you have. If longer, you may need to lower the brake line mount brackets and check the ABS cabling is long enough.

From there I would add the front adjustable disconnects to get your sway bar level and easy to drop off if crawling and check your rear sway bar links as they may need to be longer.

Check axle centre, at 2.5in on mine its border line whether I could get away with it as my axles were approx 6mm offset. I bit the bullet and stuck a front adjustable track bar and rear Teraflex axle mounted bracket.

When funds allow get bigger tyres!

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club