AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JavaJeep Update
Thread: JavaJeep Update
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 54 Times in 27 Posts
Default JavaJeep Update

G'day all

It's been ages since I posted anything

An update on whats going on in Java-land

CJ-7 changed the power steering pump and some minor work to get it back on the road in the next few weeks

J20 - back to the chassis rebuild , all the rust has been cut out and ready for primer , long way to go , maybe 6 months . The photos below are from before the body came off.

FrankenJeep - my Willys has been sitting for 12 months in the workshop , I have a 4,000 square foot warehouse and it's so chock full of aircraft parts I cant walk through it let alone work in there. The J20's being worked on outside

It's time to move to a bigger warehouse

I've been so busy trying to keep the company alive and growing in 2008 I've had to get a full time welder on the team to keep work on the Jeeps moving along (as well as work projects)

So much for the plan of working for yourself knocking off at 6 or 7pm and doing some work on the Jeeps after hours , I usually knock off around midnight most days

The company is consuming all the spare cash at the moment so the Jeep projects are being drip fed BUT I have accumulated a large collection of aircraft components that will go on the Jeeps.

~ instruments like voltmeters and ammeters
~ Circuit breakers , relays and nearly 1,000 kg of copper nickel aircraft wiring and some serious high current cable (enough wire to probably 30 Jeeps)
~ cargo tie downs and cargo floor rails for the J20
~ Some nice 727 magnetic compasses for the J20 and Willys
~ Aircraft grade bolts - nearly 2 tonnes of them !
~ titanium tubing and heaps of aeroquip fittings

In the photos is my new variable pitch engine cooling louvre from a donor Boeing 727-200 (used to control air flow through the air cycle machine) , the boys are removing it from the panel we took off the aircraft in the photos

Last edited by javajeep; 31-01-2009 at 08:40 PM.