AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your WH/XH today?
View Single Post
Old 15-07-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 130 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
Well my new Flashpaq arrived... but she doesn't recognize the Jeep! Will be digging into it as I am not sure what the cause is as I suspect its just a case of more updates needed to the unit. Picked up some coolant and oil today so I can do a drop then try and calm the Hemi tick down.
After I let a dealer touch the Jeep (to unsuccessfully disable the TPMS.) my Flashpaq stopped working. Updating the Flashpaq didn't help.
I ended-up calling Superchips during their business hours. They were good, took some numbers from my device then configured something on their update server to recognise my specific device.
Next-time I updated I supposedly got a "calibration" specific for my vehicle, which did the trick.
From what I could gather from the support guy and some discussions on the Superchips forum, there are slight differences between vehicles which they sometimes need to account for on a case-by-case basis, and export models seem to have more unknowns (probably just because there's less of them using the Flashpaq.).

My hemi tick improved significantly after I switched to the correct oil.
Seemed like it had a 30 or 40 in when I bought it. I then put a 5W-30 Penrite (as recommended by their dumb system.) which was better.
But then went to Mobil1 0W-20 and was a significant improvement in both the tick and MDS function.
Most popular theory on the tick is that it's the hydraulic lifters, so I figure a 0W oil will get pressure into them as quickly as possible.