AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - P02E8 Diesel intake air flow “a” position sensor circuit low
View Single Post
Old 26-01-2024
CrawlerStar

Liked 104 Times in 72 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Sorry guys didn’t mean to mislead you but what I was saying is the scanners at shops were not able to ‘read’ anything from the standard port on drivers side which is odd. Because you can always read from that side but not make changes.

I already have the security bypass cable attached and ready for adapters on the passenger side. That’s where I connect my BT OBD device too which lets me read and make changes on the fly. Haven’t had problems with it.

Small update - I’ve started to start the car without doing the two step delay I.e just get in and press button with foot on brake and after a couple of starts the CEL is up again. But what I have noticed now is the engine cranks and starts with absolutely no hesitation or choking. So I am going to start like this and let the ECU clear itself again. I am happy to find the starts are strong now. Probably the MAF clean helped too.

I am beginning to suspect this is a battery issue now. Could be wrong but when I had a weak battery before I got it replaced whenever I started the car I’ve seen the volts drop close to 9v. When the. When the new battery was installed this number went up to like 10.5-11V during crank. I keep the battery gauge on EVIC up when starting to see this. It’s not accurate as a multimeter on the battery itself but a good indicator. Definitely getting the battery tested next week.

Who knows a slightly weak battery during the start could be under powering the throttle body and that is going into a fit or sending a CEL..possibility maybe. Keeping the OBD device unplugged for the next few days so there shouldn’t be any drain whatsoever. And till the battery test I cannot say it is at fault..usually this car shows other errors when the battery is low and I have not seen any of that this time around..