AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views
View Single Post
Old 16-12-2014
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post
The biggest thing your going to battle is keeping the sound in the cab. Have a look at any comp audio vehicle and the sound deadening runs into the $thousands. If you've got a soft top or topless you'll struggle. High density rubber above the speaker will help if your cheap or get the proper deadening stuff. If you've got the money get a decent compact amp and new speakers capable of taking a much higher current and tune them on the amp.

You can use the factory speaker frame as an adapter to mount a good speaker 6" I think fits but check as its been a while since I did mine and silicon/rivet you new speaker to it. I've got multiple user programmable settings on my deck tho son only need to touch a few buttons to switch between modes.

Anywho, moving along, with the success of my DIY tube doors and recovery point I have moved onto my next project. Sliders. Started out going a full DIY job and made up sill brackets but picked up a cracking deal on a set of rubicon sliders for the grand total of 2 cartons of strongbow so $85. Picked up 4m of 35mm NB tube and 1m of 25mm NB today for $40 as there is nothing suitable in the rack at work. Took a few measurements, cut the ends as wanted, cut out a couple holes for mid supports and taking it all to work tonight to MIG it up and slap some paint on it to seal it up from the elements. Also grabbed a can of textured bed liner paint to finish it off from SCA for $22. So total cost of $147 and 40km travel and this is where I'm at presently.

Planning to do same thing, post the finished product.

, [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-------)_)

www.ironrockoffroad.com