AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Rotors and pads recommendations
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts

In my experience, wallets anyway

For a towing brake setup you'll want a slotted rotor and high cold co-efficient, DBA T2 have 16 slots vs 3 on the RDA this is why I recommend DBA as it will have a higher initial bite and be able to expel heat at a much higher rate, RDA and DBA (Plain and slotted) are the same price for me.

I like QFM HPX as it has an average co-efficient of 0.48 and doesn't create any dust plus it's made here on the Gold Coast in Nerang (Local) and I can buy a set (Front & Rear) for $65. Cannot tell the difference between EBC Green and Bendix Ultimate pads for towing and offroad although the Bendix ultimates do like to squel when cold.

Tyres will always dictate brake performance, you can have the best and most exotic rotors and pads but without mechanical grip they won't be any better than an OEM setup.

Point is, there is a marginal performance difference between them all for your intended use, just go with value/cheapest.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited by Numbnuts; 02-01-2017 at 11:09 AM.