AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - The dreaded WK alternator failur!
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,931 Times in 2,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
Well I must have run over a couple of Chinaman on our NZ trip in the 2012 WK GC diesel .Up in the North Island driving up Mount Egmont national park beaut day ,snow on the mountain.etc ! On the way down the airbag warning light came on,then got to an intersection put my foot down ,Jeep came to a full stop.no motor .Twice this happened.Could have been wiped out.!
It was the dreaded fuel pump relay failure again.In went a new relay! Thought I would then run a scan to see if anything was causing the airbag warning.Geez up came about two door intrusion sensor warnings !Now I can only put this down to the boss who let the passenger door slam ultra hard in a high wind the day before,! ! Deleted those ok but not the airbag warning. So I checked and wiggled the wiring under the drivers seat,presto no more warning light. I have owned and worked on Jeeps for thirty years ,they sure test your b….y resolve and patience!
There is one given ,if you travel into country areas also carry good scan tool and learn how to use it!

Bugga me, and here I was thinking if I could afford a trip to The Great South Land I could maybe bribe a mate from 2 great forums to lend me his wagon, but heck the extra luggage fee for carting my tool box over the ditch I may as well hire some toy car.......... ........ last time over there, we won;t mention the year, hired a little buzz box and scared the crap out of me driving the North Island....... lucky your a cluey fella and it good to see you don;t have hum drum holidays.............. Merry Christmas to you and yours BJ

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.